Application for 2018 Direct Membership Scheme with unique opportunities for acquisition of Islamic finance knowledge, skills and expertise for global best practices with professional membership of the Institute. Participants will have the opportunity of acquiring comprehensive general knowledge of Islamic Finance from academics and professionals in the industry trained by renowned world scholars of Islamic Finance in the best centres across the globe.
Practitioners in the Finance industry, civil servants, Finance Experts, Entrepreneurs, Sharia Scholars, Academic and Researchers, Graduates and other interested members of the public.
- To create better awareness regarding the propositions of Islamic finance;
- To foster excellence in academic and professional practices in Islamic finance through the promotion and development of professional talent and expertise in all spheres of Islamic non-interest financial service industry’;
- To issue proficiency/membership certificate or Certificate of Attendance to members
- To determine the acceptable knowledge, skills and experience to attain by persons seeking recognition as Islamic/non-interest finance professionals and experts in Nigeria;
- To do all such other lawful things as may be considered to be incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above objectives or any of them.
- Functions of the Islamic financial system
- Historical perspectives of Islamic finance developments in Nigeria, Africa and the World.
- Implementation of Islamic finance principles of zakat, Waqf and Sukuk for Associations, Religious organizations, corporate entities & Governments
- International Islamic finance infrastructures
- Islamic banking contracts and products
- Islamic banking infrastructure
- Understanding Islamic Banking, Principles, Practice and Regulation
- Islamic Capital Market & Assets Management
- Islamic Economics Management and Business Environment
- Islamic financial markets and intermediaries
- Basic Sharia Principles & Legal System for ethical business transactions
- Models of Islamic banking system and global best practices
- Principles and practice of Shari’ah advisory (Advisory Committee of Experts) services
- Principles of Islamic Economics and establishment of socio-economic justice
- Risk Management in banking and Takaful operations
- The economics of Riba (Interest), impacts and management
- Fellow member (Minimum of 15 years working experience with prior relevant trainings in Islamic finance
- Associate member (Minimum of 10 years working experience)
- Research member (He/ she must be a graduate and possesses a post graduate degree with interest in research)
- Graduate member (Graduates of Universities. Also Universities final year students and Nigeria National Youth Services Corps members).
- Interested applicants should send in their cv to firstname.lastname@example.org for membership assessment by the panel.
- Thereafter, applicants are to make payment of the appropriate fee for the recommended membership cadre.
- Applicants are to download and print the appropriate membership application form as available on the website, filled and attached via mail with the evidence of payment for the full membership package as advertised.
- Applicants will write a qualifying examination to earn their membership after observing three weeks examination preparation break.
- Successful applicants would thereafter be invited for induction as Islamic finance professionals in Nigeria with names published in a national newspaper..
|Dates||Location (Venue) & Time||Fee (Excluding Induction)|
February 24th, March 3rd & 110th
All States Capital
(A state capital for cluster of States)
9:00am to 5:00pm (Daily)
April – 24th, May 5th & 12th
September 15th, 22nd and 29th
(FELLOW AND ASSOCIATE APPLICANTS ONLY)
|Dates||Location (Venue)||Fee (Induction Inclusive)|
|Thursday to Saturday; |
March 22nd to 24th
|1. Lagos State|
2. FCT Abuja
|Thursday to Saturday;
July 19th to 21st